The Differences Between Precipitated And Fumed Silicone Rubber
1. Appearance: Fumed Silicone Rubber more transparent than Precipitated silicone rubber
I have pictures blow of our company fumed silicone rubber precipitated silicone rubber compound product and finished product for the most intuitive comparasion.
2. Silica: ( Silica, also called silicon dioxide, compound of the two most abundant elements in Earth’s crust, silicon and oxygen, SiO₂ )
Fumed silica is a major component of fumed silicone rubber, precipitated silica is a major component of precipitated silicone rubber.
3. Certification : Fumed Silicone Rubber can be passed FAD test and LFGB test, but Precipitated silicone rubber just can be passed FDA test.
4. Characteristic : Fumed Silicone Rubber is high tensile strength and tear strength than Precipitated silicone rubber.
5. Molding and Extrusion :
- Our Tian Bao Li precipitated silicone rubber TBL-500 series and TBL-501 series can only use for molding.
- Our Tian Bao Li Precipitated silicone rubber TBL-500A series can be both molding and extrusion.
- Our Tian Bao Li Fumed HTV silicone rubber TBL-900 series can be both molding and extrusion.
6. Price : Fumed Silicone Rubber price is higher than Precipitated silicone rubber. This is determined by the cost of raw materials
Application: Having said so much, the most important thing is the application of fumed silicone rubber and precipitated silicone rubber. Most of the silicone finished products both can use fumed Silicone and precipitated silicone rubber, such as phone case, kitchen supplies, washer, gloves and so on. Unless it is some silicone finished product performance and requirements that do not allow it to be used precipitated silicone rubber, just can use fumed HTV silicone rubber.
You choosing fumed silicone rubber or precipitated silicone rubber need to be based on need LFGB or not, characteristic and appearance.
Foshan Tian Bao Li Silicon Engineering Technology Co., Ltd.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us